Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Bad Heir Day

     Man did this book get a ton of bad reviews. Most people said it was boring and very one dimensional, too many characters, not a chic lit, and there were many other reasons to go along with that list. I didn't think it was that bad. Sure, there were points in the book where I wanted to skip ahead, but I made myself read through. 
   The book is told from two points of view, being Anna and Cassandra, the protagonists of the novel. Anna is a not so well off aspiring writer who becomes nanny to Cassandra, the famous romance writer's, son Zak. Zak, by the way, is portrayed as the worst child ever with extremely bad manners and a foul mouth. He definitely adds a bit of humor to the novel. Anna eventually finds a slightly better "position" for herself when she is proposed to by a man she only just met and had a few dates with. From there it's a whirlwind of bad drama which she eventually figures out. 
    I would recommend this book to anyone who understands British humor and enjoys a two sided story. I found it to be a pretty easy and fast read, but I would agree it's not really true chic lit because it isn't filled with a ton of cheesy romance. 

Bad Heir Day by Wendy Holden



No comments:

Post a Comment