Friday, January 30, 2015

2015 January Makeup Favorites

A new year means new makeup!! Super exciting stuff girls (and guys too if you're into that kinda thing). I have a lot more favorites that are not in this picture, but to keep this post from being too long i decided to cut them out. So, here are my January favs...

Covergirl's Flamed Out Mascara has been one of my favorite go-to mascaras for a long time. It does a good job at adding volume as well as lengthening.

The BareMinerals Complexion Rescue was a new release this month from the company and I LOVE it. Its a gel based tinted moisturizer that does a great job at keeping my face hydrated as well as evening out my skin tone. It's a lighter coverage so concealer is still needed.

Rimmel Match Perfection 3 in 1 concealer has been in my routine for the past 2 months and I really like it. It does a good job at covering redness and spots and the application is easy because it has a brush head rather than a doe-foot.

My perfume I've been wearing constantly is Nest's scent in Bamboo. Oh my gosh it's amazing. It smells like summer in a bottle. More specifically though fresh grass or something along those lines. Winter sucks so this smell makes me look forward to warmer months.

The best under eye concealer I have found is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Brightener. This stuff does a great job at adding brightness to under my eyes and it doesn't settle into fine lines.

Cargo's blush in Bali is a really nice light pink color with a tiny bit of sparkle to it that adds a lovely tint to the cheeks like you've just been outside. This blush blends very well and you can build it up for a darker pink.

A pretty good eyeliner I have found for doing winged out looks has been the Laura Geller Eye Calligraphy liquid liner pen. The tip is the perfect firmness for creating sharp lines.

The Physicians Formula shimmer strips in Riviera has been a great highlighter. I use the top two colors to give my cheekbones a slight golden shimmer that looks really pretty when the light hits them. I use the bottom colors once in a while as eyeshadow, but I'm not a huge fan of glittery eyeshadows.

And last but not least is the Lorac travel size palette in Vintage Vixen. This is a great matte neutral palette for everyday looks. Plus, I can take it with me everywhere because its small and has a mirror!

Well, that's it until next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment