Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Room



I don't even know where to start with this book. Maybe I just didn't think deeply enough or read into it enough, but I thought it was horribly stupid (I'm sorry to those of you who actually like this book, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion).  Supposedly it's supposed to be witty and funny, but I found it neither. The whole book goes on about this guy (Bjorn) who starts working at a new job in an office, and supposedly there's this "secret" room that only he can see and all his coworkers thinks he's a wackjob because they don't see this supposed room. So, Bjorn does all he can to convince them that it does exist which in turn leads to meetings with all his coworkers in their bosses office to try and help him realize that THERE IS NO ROOM. And that my friends is pretty much what the entire book is about. Oddly I didn't find it dull to read, I just found the plot extremely dumb.

If anything, Bjorn is very anti-social and seems to find himself superior to others. He sees everyone, including his boss to be very dim witted and just not very smart. The circumstances he puts himself in do make him look smart but at the same time he goes on about a room that just doesn't exist, therefore making him switch places with his coworkers.

Overall I would give this book a thumbs down. Wouldn't really recommend it to anyone I know.

I would like to thank BloggingforBooks for supplying me this book for the review. If there are any questions or comments please leave them down below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment