Monday, November 20, 2017

A Short History of the Girl Next Door


    A wonderful yet heartbreaking novel, A Short History of the Girl Next Door is about the relationship of two neighbors who grow up across the street from each other. One is in love with the other, but feelings are not shared both ways in the same way. 
    It's interesting to read a book from a male perspective because the way he felt and expressed his feelings felt very real and close to what I imagine goes on in a teenagers head in real life. Reck did a truly amazing job with this book. He captured longing and heartbreak in a way I have yet to read in other books. I felt connected to the characters as if I was right there with them living what they were going through. 
    This book captures the meaning of "to love and to cherish" someone. Definitely a tear jerker so get those tissues ready!

I would like to thank blogging for books for supplying me with this awesome read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment